So I have failed at blogging our lives for the last few months. Instead of backtracking I will just continue on. This weekend we had our first house guests since moving to Vegas, my parents! They were able to find some cheap airline tickets for Valentine's weekend and decided to come on down.We had a great time and did a lot of things we have been wanting to do since moving here. Before moving to Vegas, Brandon and I really had never spent time here. It was great because this weekend we got to play tourists. On Saturday we went to New York New York and rode the roller coaster twice (second time is free for locals!). We went to the M&M and Coke factory. We had a good time at the Coke factory. We tried the 18 sodas from around the world. Beware of the drink called Beverly! I can't remember where it was from, but wow it was nasty. The M&M factory was crazy busy. There were so many little kids everywhere. I am sure I stepped on a few before we left. And...I was disappointed because $12 a lbs for M&M's is pretty steep, even if you can get every color in the rainbow. It was fun to look around though. We walked around the MGM and went out to dinner.
On Sunday, we went to church and decided to go to Red Rock for a nature walk. It was so freezing!!! We didn't last very long. We walked up to a little waterfall that had ice everywhere, saw some petroglyphs, and walked around on some rocks.





On Monday the girls went shopping while the boys went and saw a movie. Later on in the day we got together and toured the Bellagio. We watched the water show in the rain. We then went to Maggiano's and had the family style dinner, tasty! Later we saw Mystere at Treasure Island. Our seats were awesome. We were sitting practically on the stage. I have never been to a professional show and been that close. We could see all the costumes and make-up very well. The fog machine did tend to be a little much at times though. My favorite act was there were two strong men that were on a rotating stage. They lifted eachother and did just some of the craziest things. It didn't hurt that they had amazing bodies either.
The weekend went to fast, but we had a great time! Parentals it is too bad that you were here during one of our coldest grayest weekends we've had. Of course this weekend is supposed to be sunny and 65 or above. Can't win them all I suppose. Brandon's parents are coming this weekend for Brandon's white coat ceremony for dental school. We can't wait to have the fun continue!
1 comment:
Oh thats too funny, we call our parents parentals also! Never heard of anyone else doing that.
Post a Comment