Thursday, October 2, 2008

Viva Las Vegas


Vegas is good. We've been having a fun time exploring. So far we have made a few trips to the strip, eaten at some good restaurants (Maggiano's is our fav so far), went to a show by Danny Gans, and have been making lots of new friends with people in the ward and from the dental school! Here are a few pics of our happenings:



I got free tickets to the Danny Gans show! We took some of our new friends Josh and Hilary. I don't know if I have ever heard Brandon laugh so hard before!! The guy sang just like Rod Stewart, Jon Bon Jovi, Nat King Cole and Natalie Cole, Frank Sinatra, John Mayer and many more.



Our friends Becca and Matt took us around the strip. It was awesome to have a guided tour! We would have gotten lost for sure by ourselves. They knew where to park and how to get around. We got a raspberry chocolate gelato and watched the water show. So fun!!


The gardens at the Bellagio were amazing. They had made objects out of plants like trains, bears, etc. This picture doesn't do it justice. Kim if your reading this u should come and do this:)

I think this was inside Venetian? After awhile all the hotels mixed into one. This waterfall castle was the center of the escalator. Very fancy.

At church, Brandon was recently called to be Elders Quorum Secretary and I was called to be the Primary Secretary. I have been kind of scared of this calling because I haven't been in primary for 10 years and don't exactly know what I am doing. The other leaders are very nice, so I am sure I will be fine. My first Sunday I pretty much was the hallway monitor trying to convince one little boy that he didn't want to runaway to nursery and that primary was fun too.

I got a job!! I am now working for the Financial Aid center at school. It has been great because they are very flexible with my schedule. I have school from 11-2, so the fact that I got a part-time job is pretty amazing. I pretty much answer phones all day. Not too shabby. That's about all our news for now. Oh yeah, my brother Aaron & his wife Kelly found out they are having a baby boy and my brother Sam & his wife Tiffany found out they are having a girl...we are excited for u guys!!!

3 comments:

Brett and Kimberly said...

This makes me miss you. Can I come visit? Or will you come visit me??

Molly said...

Looks like you guys are having a blast. Have you done the stratosphere or any roller coasters yet??

Also, we decided to make our blog private, so if you want in, e-mail me. I think I sent one to Brandon's byu e-mail so you probably won't get it. schmolls1@hotmail.com

Justin, Kalee, Jackson, Ava and Gabriella Peacock said...

Oh, this looks so fun! I hope we move closer...I was hoping that when I came for Chelsy's wedding in December I would have time to come up and say hi, but I will only be in Tucson for 6 days...I am sure my mom will have me working on the wedding crew...